About the Office
The Law Office of Christine Nguyen Thomas is a Family Law Office dedicated to excellence in legal counsel and committed to providing affordable legal services to self-represented litigants.
The Law Office of Christine Nguyen Thomas serves the cities of Ventura, Oxnard, Camarillo, Ojai, Port Hueneme, Santa Paula, Fillmore, Moorpark, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks, and surrounding areas in Ventura County, California.
CHRISTINE NGUYEN THOMAS
Attorney at Law
Ms. Thomas is a Family Law Attorney with 14 years’ experience in Family Law and has devoted her practice exclusively to Family Law for the past 10 years in Ventura County. Her practice is focused on divorce and paternity cases in the Ventura Superior Court.
Ms. Thomas earned her Juris Doctor from UCLA School of Law in 2003 and her B.A. in Psychology and Economics from UCSB in 2000. She was admitted to the State Bar of California in December 2003.
Ms. Thomas is a licensed and active member of the State Bar. She is also a member of the Family Law sections of the California Lawyers Association and the Ventura County Bar Association.
Family Law Practice Areas
At the Law Office of Christine Nguyen Thomas, an experienced Divorce Lawyer is available to assist you with an array of Family Law matters.
- Divorce (Dissolution of Marriage)
- Legal Separation
- Child Custody
- Parenting Plans
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Property Division
- Petition & Response
- Obtaining Initial Orders
- Request for Order
- Declaration of Disclosure
- Order After Hearing
- Stipulation and Order
- Modification of Orders
- Mandatory Settlement Conference Statements
- Legal Briefs
- Marital Settlement Agreements
- Post-Judgment Modification
Limited Scope Representation
What is Limited Scope Representation?
Limited Scope Representation is an attorney-client relationship where the attorney and client agree that the attorney will handle only certain aspects of the client’s case and the client will be responsible for the rest of the client’s case. Unlike traditional full representation, where an attorney handles your case from start to finish, a Limited Scope Attorney handles only specific discrete tasks, allowing you to handle the rest and minimize your fees. Limited Scope Representation is also known as “unbundled legal services” or “discrete task representation.”
Limited Scope Representation allows you to represent yourself in your divorce case while having the benefit of an experienced Family Law Attorney by your side when you need it and only for the parts of your case that you need help with.
Limited Scope Representation allows you to save money on your legal budget by handling the parts of your case that you feel comfortable with, and contacting an attorney for expert legal advice and assistance with the more complicated issues.
Not all Family Law cases are suited for Limited Scope Representation.
Contact the Law Office of Christine Nguyen Thomas for a consultation to learn more.
What are the Benefits of Limited Scope Representation?
- You represent yourself (“Pro Per”).
- You retain control of your case.
- You make the decisions in your case.
- You choose which parts of your case you will handle on your own.
- An experienced Family Law Attorney helps you with only the parts of your case that you need help with.
- Self-represented litigants who have the benefit of legal counsel are better informed and better prepared to present their case to the court.
- There is no large upfront retainer payment that is typical of full representation; you pay as you go with a small retainer deposit.
- You pay a more affordable overall fee since you pay only for the legal advice and services you need.
Limited Scope Services*
- Consultations (one-time & ongoing)
- Consultations while you attend private mediation
- Legal advice
- Legal information & education
- Legal strategy
- Legal coaching
- Review of court documents
- Drafting of court documents
*Ms. Thomas does not enter the case as your attorney of record and she does not offer court appearances.
Contact the Law Office of Christine Nguyen Thomas for a consultation with an experienced Ventura County Family Law Attorney to evaluate your case and see if Limited Scope Representation is right for you and your Family Law matter.
The office is centrally located mid-county in Oxnard, in the National University building, across from The Collection shopping center, off the 101 freeway at Oxnard Blvd.
Phone (805) 351-8866
Fax (805) 351-8289
1000 Town Center Drive, Suite 300
Oxnard, California 93036
Exit the 101 Freeway at Oxnard Blvd.
Head north toward the National University building.
Turn left on Town Center Drive.
Turn right into the parking lot at the first driveway on your right.
The office is located on the third floor.